In line with the aims and visions of Curriculum For Excellence, and Falkirk Council’s Learning to Achieve policy, Avonbridge Primary School aims to enable all young people to become:
SUCCESSFUL LEARNERS by providing an appropriate curriculum which will:
- be resourced effectively
- be well planned and evaluated be broad, balanced and provide continuity in line with local and national priorities be
- effective in raising standards of attainment and achievement in all areas equip pupils with the necessary skills, attitudes and expectations to prepare them for a life in a changing society and to encourage creativity and ambition
- CONFIDENT INDIVIDUALS by creating a positive ethos where:
- there is a safe, relaxed and happy teaching and learning environment
- pupils are encouraged and motivated to give of their best
- pupils current work is displayed in an attractive and interesting manner
- equality issues are discussed openly and constructively
- pupils, parents and staff are treated with respect and in a fair and just manner
- culture and language, disability, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and special educational needs are not barriers to participation
- RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS by:
- implementing programmes for positive behaviour, personal and social development, health education and citizenship
- encouraging parents to participate in their children’s learning and the life of the school
- supporting parental organisations
EFFECTIVE CONTRIBUTORS by:
- encouraging links to organisations within and outwith school.
- communicating effectively with parents/carers and the wider community
- ensuring that all pupils realise that they have an important part to play in the life and work of their school.
- creating and solving problems in a climate of trust and respect for others.